?

Log in

political community for the religiously inclined
Discuss any political and/or religious subject you want.
You don't have to be Catholic or a Democrat to be here..but please, be civil.
Links:
RSS Feed - DNC - Catholics for Choice - Catholics for Democracy -
Current Month
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031
Mar. 29th, 2008 @ 01:45 am A Tale of Two Vice Presidents
The Democratic Party's elder statesman, the man who was almost President, Al Gore will be on 60 Minutes this Sunday. From the clip, it looks like an awesome interview. He will be talking about Global Climate Change, a threat to humanity and civilization as we know it. I recommend everyone watch it!


See more!!!Collapse )
Information
dissent_is_cool:
Mar. 28th, 2008 @ 02:06 pm Hillary Has Edge Over Obama Among Democrats
Latest News March 28th
Photobucket

If You Read One Thing Today:
Paul Krugman writes in today’s New York Times, “…[T]he substance of [Hillary’s] policy proposals on mortgages, like that of her health care plan, suggests a strong progressive sensibility.…[and] continue to be surprisingly bold and progressive.
Read more.
Read moreCollapse )
Information
dissent_is_cool:
Mar. 26th, 2008 @ 12:41 am Going after Obama
Some fun with Hillary Clinton!




And on to some depressing crap about Barack Obama...
The Difference Between Wright and Wrong...Collapse )
Information
dissent_is_cool:
Mar. 25th, 2008 @ 12:26 pm Hillary Tackles the Housing Crisis
Latest News

Photobucket

Previewing Today: Today, Hillary hosts a “Solutions for the American Economy” town hall in Greensburg, PA addressing how families can save and invest for a secure retirement.

Photobucket

Recapping Yesterday:
Hillary unveiled her comprehensive plan to halt the housing crisis. “The solution I’ve proposed is a sensible way for everyone – lenders, investors, mortgage companies and borrowers – to share responsibility, keep families in their homes, and stabilize our communities and our economy.

Read More.

Uniontown, PA: Hillary addressed an “enthusiastic crowd” of over 4,000 “with several hundred people who couldn't fit…gathered in another room,” in Fayette County, PA. Joined by Gov. Ed Rendell and Rep. John Murtha, Hillary said, “I pledge I will work my heart out for you… [c]ome join this team and be a part of making history together.

" Read More.

On The Trail: At a women’s organizing event in Blue Bell, PA, “[n]early a thousand people filled the room, and more were directed to an overflow space,”as Hillary declared equal pay as “not a 'woman's issue’…[t]his is anissue of equality and justice. This is a family issue.

" Read More.

Photobucket

The Hillary I Know:
PA Lt. Gov. Catherine Baker Knoll blogs about why Hillary is her choice to be the next president: “The real Women’s History month may not be in March, but in November.

Read More.

On Tap: On Wednesday, Hillary will be joined by her daughter Chelsea in hosting a “March to Victory” low-dollar rally in Washington, DC.

RSVP here.

In Case You Missed It:
Sen. Obama’s “three-year record in the Senate, …offers little evidence that he can do what he's promising.

Read More.

Photobucket

Fact Check: Sen. Obama Accepted Over $1 Million From Subprime Lending Industry.

Read More.



Click to donate to the Hillary Campaign

Subscribe to our Blog
Click to Subscribe to Updates Via Email

Donate $5 To The Hillary Campaign
Last month Obama raised over 50 million compared to Hillary's 35 million. Let's help Hillary break the $50 million mark this month.


Please donate what ever you can and email the link to your friends & family.


You can Donate Here http://www. hillaryclinton. com/contribute/557C


Click To Contribute
Information
dissent_is_cool:
Mar. 24th, 2008 @ 03:10 pm It's Raining John McCain



See more!!!Collapse )
Information
Fear and Loathing
dissent_is_cool:
Mar. 1st, 2008 @ 04:58 pm Ah, Letterman... you silly man.
Apparently, it's my birthday.


See moreCollapse )
Information
Fear and Loathing
dissent_is_cool:
Feb. 21st, 2008 @ 09:05 am Hello!
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say hello to everyone-seems great that there are Catholics who vote Democrat!
Information
PMK
kristingee:
Jan. 27th, 2008 @ 12:54 am Barack Hussein Obama Wins in South Carolina
Photobucket

Barack Obama wins the South Carolina Primary



According to the polls, Barack Obama gained roughly 55% of the vote, with John Edwards and Hillary Clinton splitting the remaining half with 18% and 27% respectively. Since African Americans are half of the registered voters in South Carolina, it was a crucial state for Barack to win in order to demonstrate that Iowa was not just a fluke. Today, 80% of those African American voters voted for Barack, with the remaining 20% voting overwhelmingly for Clinton over Edwards. He also picked up a quarter of the white vote, while Clinton and Edwards split the remaining two-thirds. Clinton picked up a disappointing 40% of women, while Barack and Edwards split the remaining 60%. Interestingly enough, six in ten voters were persuaded by Bill Clinton's campaigning in the last couple of weeks. Over half of those white voters who decided within the last three days voted for Edwards, with the rest going to Obama and Clinton about evenly.
Read moreCollapse )
Information
WTF!
dissent_is_cool:
Sep. 3rd, 2007 @ 12:23 am (no subject)
hello all!  let's get some discussion going in this community!  who is everyone favoring for the upcoming election and why?  I'm personally rooting for Obama.  I read his book, The Audacity of Hope, and was very impressed.  
Information
peace
impromptu413:
Apr. 4th, 2006 @ 01:47 pm Please Pray
Hi Everyone,
The following is an excerpt from an article written by Cardinal Mahoney of the Los Angeles Diocese. He is encouraging people to pray and fast tomorrow, Wednesday, April 5, for just and humane immigration reform.

“This week the United States Senate will debate, and hopefully vote on, immigration reform legislation. The outcome promises to have far-reaching effects for all Americans, including those among us who are not
citizens but who believe in the American Dream.

At this important moment, it is crucial that we focus our minds and hearts on our goal: achieving just and humane immigration reform, reform that respects the dignity of each and every person. That is why I am asking
Catholic faithful throughout our Archdiocese to make this Wednesday, April 5, a special day of prayer and fasting. Let us pray for our legislators and for all those who would be affected by the legislation under consideration. Let us fast in solidarity with those members of our community,
especially the undocumented, who often endure lives of deprivation and hardship.

As Catholic Christians, the Gospel calls us to love and to stand in solidarity with the poor, the stranger, the least among us. Indeed, Christ's love provides the foundation for our advocacy and work for just and humane immigration reform.

It is providential that our Holy Father, Pope Benedict XVI, writes on love as the heart of the Christian faith in his first Encyclical Letter, Deus Caritas Est ("God is Love"):

...if in my life I fail completely to heed others, solely out of a desire to be devout and to perform my "religious duties," then my relationship with God will also grow arid. It becomes merely "proper" but loveless. Only my readiness to encounter my neighbor and to show him love makes me sensitive to God as well. Only if I serve my neighbor can my eyes be opened to what God does for me and how much he loves me. . . Love of God and love of neighbor are thus inseparable, they form a single commandment. . . No longer is it a question, then, of a "commandment" imposed from without calling
for the impossible, but. . . a love which by its very nature must then be shared with others. (Deus Caritas Est no. 18).

I encourage all Catholics to attend Mass this Wednesday to pray for just and humane immigration reform legislation. I will celebrate the 12:10 PM Mass at
the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels on that day, and will also observe a special fast. Even if you cannot attend Mass in your parish, I invite you to spend some time in prayer for our legislators, for the achievement of just
and human immigration reform, and for those among us who will be most affected by it.”

Click on this link http://www.archdiocese.la/news/story.php... to read to the full article.


God bless
Information
kittyvulpix: